Power of Positivity: Positive Thinking & Self Help Community › Forums › Health › THE LONG TERM BENEFITS OF VITAMIN B12
SamPaulParticipant@sampaulJanuary 18, 2019 at 5:52 am #2444
The human body is a magical composition in which thousands of cells are born and die every 24 hours. It comprises six systems including the nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, muscular, circulatory, and digestive system. They are all interconnected and work together to maintain a healthy human body. However, certain chemicals aren’t naturally produced by the body, but they are necessary and essential for healthy functioning. One of these chemicals is Vitamin B12. Also known as Cobalamin, Vitamin B12 is commonly found in animal products and injected in the body orally or through injections.
Vitamin B12 has a significant role to play in the healthy functioning of the body as it is required in the nerve cells, DNA synthesis, and the formation of red blood cells. The body absorbs Vitamin B12 in two steps. In the first step, the hydrochloric acid separates vitamin B12 from the protein present in food. Next, the Vitamin B12 attaches itself with the protein produced by the stomach known as the intrinsic factor, and then the body finally absorbs it. The amount of Vitamin B12 needed by your body depends on your chronological age. The benefits of vitamin B12 are mentioned below.
1. Prevention of congenital disabilities: To avoid birth defects in babies, mothers are advised to intake significant amounts of Vitamin B12 during pregnancy. This helps in the healthy development of the nervous system of the fetus. According to a scientific study, women with lower levels of vitamin B12 in their body are more likely to give birth to a baby with neural tube defects
2. Prevent osteoporosis: Studies indicated a direct correlation of vitamin B12 deficiency and mineral density in bones. This is highly dangerous and can potentially increase the chances of osteoporosis in women.
3. Mood and depression: Although there’s no clear elaboration, studies have shown that Vitamin B12 plays an important role in elevating mood and preventing depression. Most students are affected by the lower levels of vitamin B12 in their body as they find it hard to concentrate in class during lectures. Due to this, they require to do my essay UK help as they’re unable to produce productive results on their own.
4. Healthy hair, nails, and skin: This is a commonly known fact. Vitamin B12 is extremely healthy for hair, skin, and nails. Due to lower levels of vitamin B12 in the body, people suffer from hyperpigmentation in the body, nail discoloration, hair fall, and angular stomatitis. Therefore, sufficient amounts of this chemical are important for the body.
5. Prevents Anaemia: Research has shown that vitamin B12 plays an essential role in the formation of red blood cells, which automatically results in the prevention of anemia. If there’s a deficiency of vitamin B12 in the body, the shape of the red blood cells is changed from round to oval indicating an abnormality.
6. Energy boost: People who struggle with low levels of energy and fatigue, all the time, may have a deficiency in Vitamin B12. Although there’s no proper evidence, scientists believe that taking a healthy dosage or a capsule of vitamin B12, every day, can help boost energy and reduce exhaustion.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.